Our story begins with you, change agents committed to well-being and access to opportunity for all; change agents who share our excitement about the power of data to identify need and pinpoint levers for action; and change agents who innovate and make connections across sectors.
Your contribution matters and your support is more important than ever.
Increasing Awareness & Leveraging Opportunities
A few Measure of America highlights from this year:
- Over 5,000 downloaded data reports were created to support assessments, advocacy, and action across the country
- Measure of America’s interactive tools are currently featured in the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum’s third exhibition in a series about socially responsible design, “By the People: Designing a Better America”
- 1st Data Visualization Challenge in collaboration with Humantific engaged specialists and students in the exploding field of information design to use DATA2GO.NYC
Uncovering Key Insights from the Data
- Every project we do is with partners. Why? Because our 30,000 feet high data view needs to be paired with those on the ground who will use the data to make change.
- Two things can strengthen efforts for “opportunity youth” or “disconnected youth”: first, better evidence about which approaches work best; and second, recognition that these young people need more than a one-off summer job or short stint of job skills training.
- People are hungry for data delivered in user-friendly platforms.
As 2016 draws to a close, we want to thank all those whose support, involvement, and enthusiasm have made this work possible: our public sector partners, private foundations, academic advisors, community organizations, advocacy partners, individuals and especially our Measure of America 2016 Funder Leadership Circle.
We are extremely grateful for your commitment to our mission, and together we will continue championing data informed solutions to help address pressing issues facing our communities.